Small-Batch Lemon Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 6 muffins)
- 1 cup flour (I used almond flour.)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp nonfat milk
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon juice (1 tbsp). In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil/butter, egg white, and vanilla. Stir in the agave and Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Stir in the lemon juice (2 tbsp). Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour, and stirring until just barely incorporated. Add in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes.