Low fat, clean, and quick!
I love to try and find ways to get greek yogurt into my dishes. It’s loaded with protein and if you’re using 0% fat which I always do, it’s even healthier. It adds yummy flavor to your dishes – So creamy, so much flavor. The pasta I used was rotini noodles. Tricolor rotini is not a good source of protein, but it is low in fat and rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup of plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- ½ – ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta, cooked
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic powder. Stir in milk. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in greek yogurt.
- Add Parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until melted. (If the cheese doesn’t melt completely because the sauce is too cool, return to stove on low for a couple of minutes) Add to cooked pasta.