Homemade Banana Bread made without butter or oil.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 large, ripe mashed bananas
- ½ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup organic honey
- Optional add-ins: ½ cup chocolate chips/raisins/nuts/apples, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and lightly grease a 9 x 5 bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.