I needed to use up some ingredients and make a dish that would last me a few days with how busy this week at work was going to be. It is one of my easier dishes, and smells so good as it is cooking in the oven. You can substitute the meats and the sauce, if you would like.
Chicken & Spinach Veggie Pasta Bake
- 8 oz uncooked veggie pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (10 oz) pack cooked chopped spinach
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 jar of Pasta Sauce (I used Creamy Spinach Parmesan Tomato Sauce)
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Breadcrumbs
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Mix the Parmesan cheese and Breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Stir in pasta, spinach, chicken, sauce, and cheese ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the cheese breadcrumbs mixture on top.
- Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.