I love how healthy this quiche recipe is. It’s loaded with protein and very little fat other than what comes from the cheese.
And I can’t even begin to stress how easy it is to throw together. It’s such a simple recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup – 2 cups filling of choice (sauteed veggies/meat — I used a whole bag of cooked, chopped spinach)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- ¼ cup Almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Additional spices/herbs or choice, optional
- 2 cups grated cheese of choice (I used cheddar cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, flour, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Stir together, or blend in food processor until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl with the filling ingredients. Add ½ the cheese and mix. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. It will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools.
- Allow it to cool, then, refrigerate. Cut it into squares and serve.