My workouts tend to be more on the cardio, plyometrics, high heart rate, sweaty, heavy breathing, less rest type of workouts. They are harder to get motivated for, but once you start, you can feel your body getting fit.
I like to sprint one to two times a week and mix some plyometric moves in between sets. I use a nearby soccer field since they are already lined. Typically soccer fields are going to be around 100-120 yards long. For the different distances, you can use items/cones to mark off the yards listed below.
Sprint Workout (2-3x)
- 100 yards (full field) x 2 — 10 sec break in between
- 20 squat jumps
- 1 minute break
- ~80 yards (other side’s 18 yard box) x 4 — 15 sec breaks in between
- 30 front-to-back lunges
- 1.5 minute break
- 60/50 yards (to half field) x 6 — 15 sec breaks in between
- 20 squat to kick backs
- 2 minute break
- ~20 yards (same side’s 18 yard box) x 10 – 10 sec breaks in between
- 20 lunge kicks
- 2.5 minute break
- START AGAIN! Hydrate and take the breaks listed above.