With all these fast food commercials lately, it’s hard to not constantly crave pizza. I wanted a solution, something equivalent that would give me a similar taste without the bloating and guilt that comes with every slice.
The zucchini rounds were so great for portion control, and such fun finger foods to pass along the table.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Kosher salt and freshy ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis (optional)
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add zucchini and cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet. Top each zucchini round with tomato sauce, and your toppings.
- Place into oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with oregano on top.