I’m somewhat of a compulsive snacker. It’s how I get through my day. I wanted to keep exploring healthier alternatives to try that included veggies and greens.
When they are ready to serve, feel free to dip these little guys in your favorite kind of dipping sauces. They better than munching on potato chips all day, right?
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 egg whites
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, dip into the egg whites, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add zucchini rounds to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.