Greek Yogurt Mac & Cheese is by far the favorite of all my creations. Anyone that knows me understands that Macaroni and Cheese is my go-to no matter the place or the time of day. I’m beyond excited that there’s a way that I can still thoroughly enjoy this meal without cheese and noodles being the death of me. To top it all off, it’s still quick to make!
- 2 cups dry small pasta (I’ve been using the “veggie” type of noodles.)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like to use 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese)
- 1/8 tsp to 1/4 tsp salt (optional, I don’t like salt.)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- optional: spinach, kale, or any other steamed veggies you might wish to add
Cook the macaroni in salted water until al dente, then drain but don’t rinse with water. Meanwhile, in a small pot, stir together the, cheese, garlic power, and salt until cheese melts. Add the yogurt and cook on low, just until the sauce is hot. Stir in the cooked pasta and any veggies you desire.